While playing the best and addictive Gameboy Advance games in Visual Boy Advance 1.8.0, I experienced an error. I was playing an old Pokemon game in the beta version of the said emulator and wanted to speed up the game while playing. My aim was to boost up the game only up to 200% or 300% only. So, I used the Space key for this purpose.
As soon as I pressed this key, the speed of the game increased up to 6000% that is too high as compared to the average game speed. I tried another method to reduce it. I just muted the sounds, but that was again in vain. It reduced the speed to 1500% only. The same situation happened with my friends who were trying to boost up the game speed to a reasonable level, but they could not. I tried many techniques and finally, I got the way out to increase the game speed to my desired level. I have discussed the methods below for all of the crazy fans of the GBA games.
Method # 1: Set FrameSkip to 2
- You should go to the Options.
- You will find here the option “Frameskip.” Just click this option.
- Now select “Throttle” that lies at the 2nd number.
It is the default setting, and if you choose the “Throttle” from the list, it will reset the settings to default and thus, enables you to increase the game speed according to your desire.
Method # 2: Set FrameSkip to 0
Another handy trick you can follow is to set the frameskip to zero. When you set it to zero, its’ performance becomes very smooth, and that also increase the speed of the game to some extent. To do so, you should follow the instructions below.
- Click the “Options” in the game.
- Go to the “FrameSkip.”
- Now select its “Options” from the list appears before you.
- Here, you will see the option “Emulator.” You should choose it.
- Now select the “Speed up Toggle” feature from the given options.
That will reset the Frameskip to zero and will boost up the speed of the game to give you a smooth performance.
Check this thread for more help: https://forums.emulator-zone.com/showthread.php?t=11520
Method # 3: Mute the Game Sounds
If you follow any of the above-discussed methods and also mute the sounds of the game, it will also provide you with a better speed in the game. To mute the sounds of the GBA game, follow the steps given below.
- Go to the “Sounds” and select “Options” from here.
- You will see “Mute” and “Off” options in the list. Select “Mute” for better speed.